5th Annual Immigrant Youth Empowerment Conference
The AB540 Project, the community service component of IDEAS at UCLA, cordially invites all students, parents, educators, and allies to our
5th Annual Immigrant Youth Empowerment Conference (IYEC)
The UCLA Ackerman Grand Ballroom, 2nd Floor
308 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, California 90024
Saturday, June 2, 2012
Conference: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Optional Breakfast: 8:00am - 9:00am
This daylong event consists of various workshops that will educate, motivate, and provide attendees with the information on how undocumented youth can pursue a higher education and become the agents of positivity in their own communities. The conference will also provide immigrant youth with the opportunity to meet one another and become part of the nationwide network of undocumented students and allies.
By attending this conference, attendees will:
- Learn about the CA Dream Act and how to avail the new resources it provides
- Attend a wide array of workshops pertaining to education, financial resources, and activism
- Network with different organizations that support undocumented students
- Hear about the new publication Undocumented and Unafraid
- Become eligible for the IYEC Scholarship
To RSVP, please fill out the form at http://svy.mk/IDEAS_IYEC2012 by Friday, May 18, 2012.
Official Invitation Letter: http://bit.ly/IYEC2012_OfficialInvitation
Spanish Invitation Letter: http://bit.ly/IYEC2012_SpanishInvitation
Click here to download the flyer.
Please forward this invitation to other educators, students, and community members who would benefit from the event. Volunteers are also welcome to attend.
We look forward to seeing you in the conference.
- Fall 2013 UCLA Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Program Nov 05, 2013
- Fall 2013 Undergraduate Research Fellows Program (URFP) Nov 05, 2013
- 2013 UCLA McNair Research Scholars Program Oct 08, 2013
- 2013-2014 UCLA Law Fellows Program Application Sep 21, 2013
- 3rd Annual MEDPEP Pre-Health Conference Aug 13, 2013