César E. Chávez Fellowship
The Cesar Chavez Foundation is accepting applications for the Cesar E. Chavez Fellowship. A year-long fellowship available to recent college graduates interested in:
- Community and resource building
- Learning more about nonprofits
- Managing an after-school and summer program
- Supervising volunteers
- Learning more about youth development.
As a Cesar E. Chavez Fellow, you will have the unique opportunity to connect with underprivileged disenfranchised communities and partner with families, youth and teens to empower themselves and improve their quality of life. As a fellow you will:
- Oversee our ¡Si Se Puede! Learning Center programs (after-school & summer program)
- Build and establish community resources
- Recruit and coordinate local volunteers
- Develop curriculum
- Join a group of alumni in which some are currently attending Harvard Kennedy School, Fulbright Program, and USC Graduate School of Social Work
Since this is an AmeriCorps Program all CEC Fellowships will receive a living stipend, an Education Award/Scholarship upon the completion of their service, and free housing provided by the Cesar Chavez Foundation.
Early submissions are due December 16, 2011. Regular submissions are due April 9, 2012. For questions, contact Charles Miller at email@example.com.