Chicana and Chicano Studies graduate students are eligible to receive $350.00 for travel and/or lodging. You are eligible to receive one reimbursement per academic year (July 1-June 30). Students must be invited to present a paper or speak on a panel to receive a reimbursement. Attending a conference without an invitation does NOT guarantee a reimbursement.
Students submitting material after June 30 will not be reimbursed for that academic year. Funds from one academic year do not carry forward to the next academic year. There is no accumulation of conference travel funds.
- Chicana and Chicano Studies Ph.D. student in good standing
- Normative Time-to-Degree
- 3.0 GPA
- Registered/enrolled 12 units
- Must submit a completed student petition form with signatures to the Main office (7349 Bunche Hall) before travel dates.
Expenses may include:
- Lodging (at a commercial venue; no stays at someone’s home)*
- Meals will be reimbursed on an actual basis, subject to the prevailing campus limit (currently $62) for each full day on travel status. Receipts are required.
- Conference/Workshop registration and fees.
- Receipts required for ALL expenses.
*Travel Packages Purchased from Internet Vendors. Travel “packages”
offered by Internet vendors typically do not include itemized expenses.
Therefore, no business-related travel should be booked through such
Expenses may not include:
- Computer or other electronics or equipment (e.g., MP3 player, camera)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Transcription services
- Dissertation editing
- Tuition and/or fees for credit-bearing courses
- Recreation/social events
- Incidentals during trip
- Supplies, materials & other costs associated with the research or professional development activity (e.g., software, printing and reproduction, flash drive, etc.)
- Payment to participants or research study subjects
- Submit completed student petition form with signatures to the Main office (7349 Bunche Hall) or email Sandy Garcia before traveling.
- Collect the receipts in the following order: Transportation receipts (Including airfare, rental car, mileage, taxi, shuttle, bus, etc.), Lodging receipts (Including number of occupants, daily charge, and payment method)
- Conference registration confirmation (Including payment method, conference invitation letter, conference program, name and title of presentation/paper).
- Upon returning from your trip, the receipts must be submitted within 30 days. Failure to submit within this time period may result in the non-reimbursement of funds. (No Exceptions)
- The following documents constitute “proof of payment”:a. Receipts showing payment method (For debit/credit card transactions, the receipt MUST show the last four digits of the card number and the cardholder’s name) b. Credit card or bank statements that show the cardholder’s name, last 4 digits of the card number, expense details, date, and amount (Address information, full account numbers, and unrelated charges may be blacked out using a black marker)
- Submit your reimbursement packet (including all receipts and your completed Conference/Travel Reimbursement Request Form) to Sandy Garcia in 7349 Bunche Hall. Please DO NOT staple your packet together!