The faculty and staff of the Chávez Department of Chicana/o and Central American Studies are looking forward to sharing this wonderful occasion with you.
The Department Ceremony will be held on Saturday, June 12, 2021.
The 2021 Virtual Commencement site will be posted on Saturday, June 12, 2021. The site will include a commencement video, student dedications, and faculty video tributes.
To Prepare for Graduation
- Declare your Degree Expected Term via MyUCLA.
- Set up an appointment with Ellie Hernandez to make sure you’ve completed all your requirements.
Prior to Graduation Day
- Refer to the College Commencement Website for general information, timeline and key dates.
- Check announcements posted to MyUCLA.
- Attend one of the graduation workshops offered through the College. To view the workshop schedule, visit MyUCLA and click on the “services” button at the top of the page.
- Complete the “College Senior Survey” available on your MyUCLA.
- Order your cap, gown, and tassel from Graduation Etc.
After the Graduation Ceremony
- Students will receive a certificiate to via email over the summer.
E-mail Ellie Hernandez if you have any questions.
For more questions please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.