Frequently Asked Questions

No, as a graduate you do not need a ticket. You need to RSVP online via my. during the open RSVP/ticketing window. Your regalia is your “ticket” to the ceremony. However, all guests must have a ticket to enter the venue.

Everyone needs a ticket. This is so they have an accurate number of who is in the building in case of disaster and because patrons with babies usually use a second seat for their baby items it is helpful for them to have that extra seat.

TBD: The Division Commencement Coordinator will assess after ticketing ends for students and will notify via soon after if waitlisted tickets will be released. An email from your department SAO will inform you of waitlisted tickets being released.

Disability Access at UCLA

For information regarding disability access please visit 

UCLA Commencement-Specific Disability Resources:

If you’re a graduating UCLA student and would like to inquire about the available, please contact the Center for Accessible Education (CAE) in person or at to discuss you’re needs and make your request.

In the absence of a ramp or permanent lift, UCLA has a portable wheelchair lift to assist students needing access to a stage for graduation. Contact CAE to learn more.


Accessible parking is available for disabled and elderly persons near most venues in many parking structures and lots.

All vehicles must have a UCLA parking permit and, if parking in areas reserved for disabled or elderly persons either a DMV handicapped plate or placard or a UCLA CAE-issued identification card. Parking permits, which are $12, are available through UCLA Transportation and the UCLA Central Ticket Office priorate Commencement Weekend and at Parking/Information Booths on the day of Commencement. The fee is $9 for those with any state-issues handicapped plate or placard.

The Center for Accessible Education will begin distribution of Parking Identification cards in may. Please call (310) 825-1501 or visit the office at A-255 Murphy Hall.

Drop Off Spots:

Drop-off spots may be much closer to many of the venues.


All Commencement venues are ADA Compliant and wheelchair seating is available at all Commencement venues.

Wheelchair Rentals:

Due to the size of the campus and the possibility of attending numerous events, guests with mobility issues may want to consider using a wheelchair the weekend of Commencement.

  • Horton & Converse, approximately a mile from campus, has wheelchairs available for rent.
    • Find them at 11600 Wilshire Blvd or call (310) 478-0801.
  • Pico Medical Rentals also has wheelchairs available for rent.
    • Find them at 6035 W. Pico Blvd. or call (323) 936-4104


If you are a graduating student that requires sign language of captioning interpretation at your ceremony, please contact CAE.

Center for Accessible Education: A-255 Murphy Hall

  • (310) 825-1501 – general
  • (310) 267-2004 – mobility assistance
  • (310) 267-2005 – deaf and hard of hearing services
  • (310) 825-9656 – fax

If you are coming to the Commencement as a guest of a graduate and require interpretation services, you will need to contact the specific department or school that is presenting the ceremony you are attending in order to request this service. You can find departmental links for each of the ceremonies on the commencement schedule.

Yes, your name will appear in the program as it shows in the registrar’s office.

Contact your Student Advisor in order to see if there is space for you to participate in the ceremony.

Yes, Chicana and Chicano Studies minors will be allowed to participate in the ceremony.